It's not fun to think about emergencies. But as much as you hope they'll never happen, you do have to be prepared. CPR and first aid are things that everyone -- especially people who care for children and the elderly -- should know. After someone stops breathing, or the heart stops beating, he or she can survive for only 4 to 6 minutes before lack of oxygen results in brain damage or death. CPR can buy extra time for your loved one, until professional help can arrive, by artificially circulating oxygen to the brain.
Every year I host an opportunity for my swim families to attend a class to become CPR/1st Aid certified. I am so happy with how many people want to be prepared in case of an emergency.
This year it will be held on Wednesday April 30th in the Vistancia Clubhouse at 29701 N Sunrise Point, Peoria 85383 Building B
The 2 hour certification class will start promptly at 6:00 and is limited to 25 people (minimum age is 8 years old). The cost is $25 per person and can be paid with cash or check the night of the event. Since the Vistancia HOA is also advertising to their community please RSVP by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP to secure your spot. The first class always fills up and I will add another one (or as many) as needed but cannot guarantee dates as of yet.
For ease of scheduling your child, please look at the SCHEDULE & PRICING tab and use the comments box below to let me know what time(s) will work best for you.
Please complete all fields & add any additional info you feel important to share in the comments box.
PLEASE NOTE THE TIME AND START DATE FROM SCHEDULE & PRICING TAB YOU PREFER *Time/Dates are not guaranteed until registration is completed and paid for*
*Please note: submitting your information here will add you to the Priority List automatically,
you will not receive a response until the scheduling opens for new families.
The Schedule for 2018 is now full
Please use the Instructor Locator on the link below
to find the closest Certified ISR Instructor
1. Select a time from the availability below
* Babies 6 months-walking are scheduled for 4 weeks (Floater)
* Babies and children who are experienced walkers are scheduled for 6 weeks (generally 12 months +)
* Returning Swimmers are scheduled for a 2 week refresher
* Babies who learned the float last year and are coming back to learn the swim-float-swim sequence are scheduled for 4 weeks.
It is important to note that all children are unique and learn at their own pace. I am trained to introduce appropriate challenges as they show they are developmentally ready. ALL students will learn the roll back to float Self-Rescue.
2. Submit your preferred start date/time using the Contact Me tab
*Weeks that are (FULL) simply mean this week is not available as a start date
* If none of the times below work, please use the Contact Me tab with what times you have in mind. With some flexibility, we may still be able to get your child scheduled to learn these life saving skills.
* If you are open to traveling a short distance, you can find other Certified ISR Instructors by entering your zip code here www.infantswim.com